The University Identification Card called UniCard combines the following functions:
- Identification as an employee or student
- Cashless payments at the University (e.g. Mensa)
- Copying and printing at the BITS (central computing service centre), the University Print Shop (Zentrale Vervielfältigung) and in the library
- Borrowing books from the library
- Access to the sport facilities at the University
- Public transportation ticket for East Westphalia (OWL)
How to get the card as an employee of Bielefeld University (with a working contract):
- You will be notified when your UniCard can be produced.
- Before receiving the card you have to upload a photograph of yourself in a passport format here (self-made photos are accepted).
- You can pick up your card at the InfoPoint within the next 2-3 working days.
For details visit this page
As a visiting scholar of Bielefeld University (without a working contract), you will not be receiving a UniCard. However you can apply separately for the services mentioned above.
- To borrow books from the library, you can optain a library card. More information can be found under the following link
- To be able to use the cashless payment system at the Mensa, you have to apply for a service card from the Studierendenwerk. You should hand in a form filled out by your department at the service desk of the Studierendenwerk (opposite of the cafeteria in the X- building).
Detailed information (in German) here