Social Icons facebook Twitter YouTube Kanal Instagram

Residence permit

About 2 days after you have registered, you can apply for a residence permit at the Foreigners Registration Office in the "Rathaus"

Please take the following documents with you:

  • The letter of admission from Bielefeld University
  • Proof of sufficient financial resources
    You need to prove that you will have an amount of around 720€ per month at your disposal. You can use a confirmation of your bank or a document in which your parents declare to finance your life in Germany. If somebody who lives in Germany will finance your studies, this person must prove that he/she has the means to do so.
  • Evidence of the education in your home country (certificates)
  • Your passport (and visa documents)

The address of the Foreigners Registration Office:
Bürgerberatung / Abteilung Ausländerangelegenheiten
Niederwall 23
33602 Bielefeld


Register at the city's registration office

You have to register as a citizen of Bielefeld as soon as you have an address in Bielefeld. Registration takes place in the "Rathaus" and you need to bring your rental contract and your passport. Please find the address above.


Do you have any questions?
We can help.
personensuche-Icon Our team


Download important documents, brochures and event programmes for degree-seeking students
-> here.


-> Click here to find the events for international students.