Information on application procedure

International applicants for a course at Bielefeld University who have completed their final secondary-school examinations, which must be on the same standards as a German secondary-school, can generally count on an admission to studies in Germany. Applicants whose secondary-school examinations cannot reach the standards of the German examinations however, either need to successfully have attended university for one or two years in their home country, or complete a Studienkolleg (public Studienkollegs in NRW would be close) in Germany. You can find more information on the admissions of the different degrees in Germany on this homepage (in German).

Please Notice:

Participants of the Program of the Pädagogischen Austauschdienstes or kurzfristigen wissenschaftlichen Weiterbildungen directly apply at the Studierendensekretariat of Bielefeld University and find more information about the enrolment and admission procedure behind the menue item "Master/PHD".

->Homepage Studierendensekretariat [Student Office]
(in German)