University from A-Z
  Flag Deutsch
Bielefeld University > University > Studium / Studienberatung > Studierendensekretariat > Application, Admission, Enrolment > Enrollment


After you got the admission, you have to do the enrollment-process. During the enrollment, you become a student of the University. Necessary for enrolment is:

  • The completed application for matriculation (these documents can be finded here or handed out by the Studierendensekretariat). Furthermore, you can try the Immatrikulation (German Page).
  • Evidence of health insurance coverage by a German state health insurance company
  • A passport photo
  • Passport and Visa

Enrollment takes place in the Studierendensekretariat (C0-152/156). After a few days, you can print (about ten days later) the semester certificates and the semester and NRW-ticket. It entitles to free usage of public transport in and Bielefeld and North Rhine-Westphalia.


Study fees

Bielefeld University don't charges study fees; instead you have to pay "social-fees (Website in German)" every semester.