Science in the Context of Application
Areas of specialization
science and the media - public understanding of science; discourses between science, politics and the media; dynamics of knowledge; bibliometrics.
A good picture of the research interests is provided by
"Chemists and their Craft in Fiction Film"
Publications in the topical area of the research group
- Weingart, P. and Maasen, S. (eds.)(2005): Democratization of Expertise? Exploring Novel Forms of Scientific Advice in Political Decision-Making. Dordrecht, The Netherlands. Springer.
- Weingart, P. (2006): Chemists and their Craft in Fiction (Film). HYLE - International Journal for Philosophy of Chemistry, 12(1), 31-44.
- Weingart, P. (2005): Impact of bibliometrics upon the science system: Inadvertent consequences? Scientometrics, 62(1), 117-131.
- Weingart, P. (2004): Between Science and Values. In: Peter Machamer, Gereon Wolters (eds.), Science, Values, and Objectivity, Konstanz: Universitatsverlag, 112-126.
- Weingart, P. (2004): Science in a political environment. The dynamics of research, risk perception and policy making, EMBO reports, (special issue), 5, October, 52-55.