Fellow of the ZiF research group "Competition and Priority Control in Mind and Brain: New Perspectives from Task-Driven Vision"
Born in Copenhagen, Denmark, 1948. Mag.Art. in Psychology, University of Copenhagen,
1972. Dr.Phil. in Psychology, University of Copenhagen, 1986. Professor of Cognitive
Psychology at the University of Copenhagen since 1995.
President of the European Society for Cognitive Psychology (ESCoP) 2007-2008,
Vicepresident 2009-2010. Member of the Executive Committee of the International
Association for the Study of Attention and Performance (A & P) 2002-2010. Head of the
Danish Research School of Psychology 2003-2008. Head of the Center for Visual Cognition
at the University of Copenhagen since 1993. Member of the Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters since 2007.
Editor-in-Chief of The European Journal of Cognitive Psychology 2002-2005, Associate Editor 1998-2001.
Member of Editorial Boards of Psychological Review 1997-2004 and 2005-, Visual Cognition 1994-2005,
Psychological Research/Psychologische Forschung 1988-2010, The Open Psychology Journal 2007-2010,
PsyCh Journal since 2011.
2008-2013: Grant under the University of Copenhagen Programme
of Excellence to the project "Integrated visual attention research": DKK 20.000.000.
- Bundesen, C. (1990). A theory of visual attention. Psychological Review, 97, 523-547.
- Bundesen, C., Habekost, T., & Kyllingsbæk, S. (2005). A neural theory of visual attention: Bridging cognition and neurophysiology. Psychological Review, 112, 291-328.
- Bundesen, C., & Habekost, T. (2008). Principles of visual attention: Linking mind and brain. Oxford University Press.
- Bruhn, P., & Bundesen, C. (in press). Anticipation of visual form independent of knowing where the form will occur. Attention, Perception, & Psychophysics.
- Barratt, D., & Bundesen, C. (in press). Attentional capture by emotional faces is contingent on attentional control settings. Cognition and Emotion.
- McAvinue, L. P., Vangkilde, S., Johnson, K. A., Habekost, T., Kyllingsbæk, S., Robertson, I. H., & Bundesen, C. (in press). The relationship between sustained attention, attentional selectivity and capacity. Journal of Cognitive Psychology.
- Vangkilde, S., Coull, J. T., & Bundesen, C. (in press). Great expectations: Temporal expectation modulates perceptual processing speed. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance.
- Kyllingsbæk, S., Markussen, B., & Bundesen, C. (in press). Testing a Poisson counter model for visual identification of briefly presented, mutually confusable single stimuli in pure accuracy tasks. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance.
Broadbent Lecturer at the 15th meeting of the European Society for Cognitive Psychology (Marseilles) 2007. Aristotle Prize in Psychology (Oslo) 2009.