Graduate students are envisaged to complete all requirements of their doctoral studies within three years after admission.
Requirements for a successful completion of the Graduate School are:
- Successful completion of the PhD studies (thesis and oral defence).
- Acquirement of 30 credit points according to the following scheme:
- Seminars and Colloquia (10 credit points, CP):
- Chemical Colloquium: Attendance at least 5 times per semester, 0.5 CP per semester (3 CP in total)
- Workgroup Seminars (1 CP per semester, 6 CP in total)
- Participation at two Graduate School Workshops (total: 1 CP)
- Presentations (5-9 CP):
- GS Workshop presentations: 2 CP per presentation (maximum of 4 CP can be obtained)
- Group seminar presentations: 1 CP per presentation (maximum of 3 CP can be obtained)
- External presentations (at conferences, symposia etc.): One poster presentation (1 CP) and up to two oral presentations (2 CP per presentation)
- Teaching and Softskills (8-12 CP):
- Mentoring and supervision of students in laboratory courses, exercise courses, and tutorials etc. (8-12 CP)
- " Participation at soft skill training courses (up to 4 CP)
- Professional Training (3-7 CP):
- Participation at summer schools, conferences, ring lectures, lab training courses and similar courses
You can [ download ] a short summary of these requirements (in German).
Please use the following [ transcript form ] for filing your credits; follow the instructions outlined therein to request your transcript.