AG 6 | Continuing education and Governance of Lifelong Learning
This working group regards itself as a competence platform focusing on general, professional, in-service, and academic training. In this context, AG 6 is investigating how these different types of continuing education relate to lifelong learning and processes of social change (demographic change, digitalization, etc.).
AG 6 brings together a range of perspectives on the topic of adult education/continuing education. Priorities in research and teaching include:
- AG 6 brings together a range of perspectives on the topic of adult education/continuing education. Priorities in research and teaching include:
- Governance and planning of continuing education
- Cooperation and network management
- Professionalization and quality in continuing education
- Addressees, target groups, and participants
- Biographical and life-course research on adult learning
- Management and design of learning processes and new (digital) learning architectures
- International adult education
- Human resource development
- Continuing education in higher education
- Research on and evaluation of innovation projects
We place equal emphasis on international, national, and regional perspectives and cooperate with a host of different research and practice-oriented institutions. In addition, we provide specific continuing education programmes in the field of lifelong learning. (Researching Professional in Lifelong Learning [German]).
The AG 6 possesses extensive expertise in carrying out empirical research on lifelong learning.