The project Method Consulting, financed through the Westphalia section of the German Pension Insurance, aims at supporting the research projects of the NRW research network for rehabilitation sciences. This support includes epidemiological and statistical questions. This support is required to assure a high methodological quality in research project in rehabilitation sciences.
The following tasks fall into the remits of the method consulting project:
- Consulting: Project from the NRW research network for rehabilitation sciences are offered methodological support
- Monitoring: The progress of certain project will be monitored for progress over the period of data collection
- Reviewing: Methodological review of research proposals
- Method workshop: to further train the NRW research network for rehabilitation sciences on methodological questions, regular workshop are organised
- Networking: The high quality of the support offered is guaranteed by the regular networking activities of all Rehabilitation research method consulting centres
The support involves an all-round approach and discussion about:
- concrete aspects of study design, analysis plan, sample size and power calculations
- the support reaches projects of the NRW research network for rehabilitation sciences, associated projects but also extern projects in rehabilitation sciences
The support is provided following the support concept of the Method Centre of Bielefeld which is based at the Department of Epidemiology and International Public Health.