Junior Research Groups
Funding programmes to create and lead junior research groups not only expect an outstanding academic record but also international research experience. The position of young research group leader is equivalent to the status of a university teacher and enables researchers to become eligible for a subsequent professorship. The funding period usually lasts at least five years.
- Emmy Noether Programme (DFG)
- 'Freigeist' Fellowships (Volkswagen Foundation)
- Sofja Kovalevskaja Award (Alexander von Humboldt Foundation)
- Return programme for researchers abroad (Rückkehrerprogramm) (Ministry of Innovation, Science and Research of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia) (in German)
- Young Researcher Groups funding programme (Ministry of Innovation, Science and Research of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia) (in German)