In many respects, achieving a balance between research, study, career and family responsibilities is a challenge for parents (to be) and for persons caring for relatives. The decision to start a family and the early years of intensive childcare often coincide with important phases of (academic) qualification, where the groundwork for further career perspectives in research is laid.
The Family Service is your point of contact and advice centre for all questions of reconciling study, research, career and family responsibilities. It offers students and staff with family obligations information and a comprehensive and confidential advice service on the following themes, amongst others:
For Parents (to be):
- Maternity leave, parental leave, parental benefits
- Regulations and measures to support families
- Financial support
- Initiatives and advice centres in Bielefeld
- Care period
- Regulations and support services for carers of relatives
- Financial support for carers
- Relatives with dementia
- Advice centres in Bielefeld
The Family Portal offers members of Bielefeld University an overview of themes concerning the balance of work, study and family. It provides information and points of contact.
12 April 2018
The latest issue of the Nachwuchs-Newsletter is available here!