Funding of stays abroad
The German Academic Exchange Service, or DAAD for short, is the main support organisation for funding stays abroad.
The International Office compiled some financing options for stays abroad during your PhD in an informative flyer (German).
Grants for conference trips and lecture tours
Grants for research stays abroad (Outgoings)
- DAAD short-term grant for 1-6 months (for research projects in libraries or archives, for field research or conducting series of experiments)
- DAAD one year grant for 7-12 months
Grants for research stays in Germany (Incomings)
- Research Grants - Short-Term Grants for 1 - 6 months
- DAAD Research Grants - One-Year Grants for 7 - 10 months
- DAAD Research Grants - Doctoral Programmes in Germany for up to 4 years