During the preparation phase of the SFB proposal, productive cooperation was established with international partners who conduct research in the highly regarded field of comparisons. The foundation for these cooperations is the mutual interest in the combination of history with theoretical questions within an interdisciplinary research cooperation.
- Wesleyan University/USA
- Università di Bologna/Italien
- Université Paris VII/Frankreich
- University of Notre Dame/USA
International researchers from across the globe get invited to Bielefeld for longer stays that allow for especially intensive collaboration.
- 2017: Prof. Andrea Frisch (University of Maryland/USA)
- 2018: Prof. Gary Shaw (Wesleyan University/USA)
The SFB has established a Virtual Faculty to ensure international and national networking. The Virtual Faculty would meet regularly as an advisory body to the SFB.
Members of the Virtual Faculty are:
- Julia Adeney Thomas (University of Notre Dame, South Bend)
- Paolo Capuzzo (Università di Bologna)
- Wendy Espeland (Northwestern University, Chicago)
- Peter Geimer (FU Berlin)
- Odile Goerg (Paris-Diderot)
- Bettina Heintz (Luzern)
- Dorothee Kimmich (Universität Tübingen)
- Ulrike Lindner (Universität zu Köln)
- Nina Mackert (Universität Erfurt)
- Alexander Martin (University of Notre Dame, South Bend)
- Gary Shaw (Wesleyan University, Middletown)
- Peer Vries (International Institute for Social History, Amsterdam)