Bielefeld University had a splendid graduation celebration on 5 December 2014. Some of the highlights in photos.
- Photo: Bielefeld UniversityThe celebrations of the 3rd Graduation Day started off in the main university building (UHG), where the faculties celebrated amongst themselves. From there the graduates - among them these two wearing mortarboards - walked the red carpet to the main party in Gebäude X (Building X).
- Photo: Ralf LiteraThe red carpet was over 550 metres longs and lined with 40 spotlights and 250 flaming torches.
- Photo: Ralf LiteraThe guests were led by eight pages in an entertaining fashion as they made their way from the faculty parties to the central reception hosted by the Rektor of the University.
- Photo: Ralf Litera4,600 glasses for 3,000 graduates of the year 2014 and their guests needed to be filled.
- Photo: Ralf LiteraRektor Prof. Dr.-Ing. Gerhard Sagerer gave the official speech.
- Photo: Ralf LiteraThe Arminio Quartett of the University of Music Detmold provided the festive musical accompaniment during the champagne reception.
- Photo: Ralf LiteraThis year, graduates celebrated the completion of their studies for the first time in the new Mensa in Building X, which was illuminated from the outside. The faculty banners, which hung in the Uni main hall in previous years, decorated the facade of the new building.