On Saturday, June 20th, Bielefeld University welcomed about 700 guests to the first summer ball. Some highlights in pictures. A galery with all pictures: http://www.uni-bielefeld.de/sommerball/galerie/
- Photo: Bielefeld UniversityThe university canteen in the Building X had spruced up for the first summer ball with floral arrangements and chandeliers. Pianist Gregor Zimmermann rehearsed on the grand piano. He accompanied the dinner musically later in the evening.
- Photo: Bielefeld UniversityColourful clothes and cheerful faces: The atmosphere at the first summer ball was festive and exuberant from the start.
- Photo: Bielefeld UniversityRektor Prof. Dr. - Ing. Gerhard Sagerer welcomed the 490 dinner guests. Later that evening another 170 guests came to dance. "I am particularly pleased that many students are here today," said Sagerer. "Bielefeld University thanks its friends and partners and would like to strengthen this good relationship."
- Photo: Bielefeld UniversityFilled chocolates, ice cream and strawberry tarts: the guests enjoyed the dessert from the confectionery Kraume. Starter and main course was provided by the Studierendenwerk (Association for Student Affairs).
- Photo: Bielefeld UniversityThe Chris Genteman Group accompanied the evening with live music. The band played over 45 titles from Kaiserwalzer to "Ain't No Mountain" and "Smoke on the Water" to "You Light Up My Life".
- Photo: Bielefeld UniversityAfter the opening dance, the dance floor quickly filled. The lanterns and chandeliers provided a festive summer atmosphere.