A Novel Synthesis of Individualisation across Behaviour, Ecology and Evolution: Niche Choice, Niche Conformance, Niche Construction (NC³)
Welcome to the DFG-funded Collaborative Research Centre Transregio NC³ at Bielefeld University and University of Münster!
We propose to combine behavioural, evolutionary and theoretical biology and ecology in an etho-eco-evo approach to develop a novel synthesis of individualisation that also takes into account that the environmental conditions change throughout an animal's lifetime.
- ©Alexandra MutwillNew review on niche conformance during adolescence by NC³ members Norbert Sachser and Sylvia Kaiser
- ©Steve RammNew paper on niche conformance in flatworms by NC³ associate member Steve Ramm
- NC³ is now on Twitter! Follow us @NC3Niche
- ©John DickensNew paper on fur seal genomics by NC³ members Emily Humble, Ann-Christin Polikeit and Joe Hoffmann
- ©Jana StallmannNew paper on niche construction in aphids by NC³ PI Caroline Müller and colleagues
- ©rowohlt Verlag"Der Mensch im Tier (The Human Animal)": New popular science book by NC³ PI Norbert Sachser
- ©SFB/TRR 212We celebrated the start of our new CRC/Transregio with a Kick-Off Meeting in Bielefeld