ACBRIDGE – Bridging Academic Institutions
ACBRIDGE – Bridging Academic Institutions - offers a PhD program in the area of health research. The prominent feature of ACBRIDGE is its interdisciplinary setup with the aim of finding holistic solutions for major health issues of the West African region. The close collaboration with the Department of Development Studies in the Centre will strongly enhance this approach.
An innovative feature of our PhD program is tandems of doctoral students from Africa and Germany working together in groups. Each individual group will approach a relevant region-specific topic from various perspectives of health sciences (public health, clinical sciences, biosciences). The PhD program is linked through the INDEPTH network to research institutions across the African continent and beyond. A wide range of interactions beyond health sciences are possible through the family of five African Centers of Excellence funded under the African Excellence Program of the German Foreign Office and facilitated by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
2008 - 07/2013
German Foreign Office
- School of Public Health, University of Ghana
Prof. Dr. Fred Binka (coordination)
- University Hospital Heidelberg, Section of Clinical Tropical Medicine, Germany
PD Dr. Thomas Junghanss (coordination)
Jaswinder Kaur, MA (administrative coordination)
- Swiss Tropical Institute, Department of Medical Parasitology and Infection Biology, Basel Switzerland
Prof. Dr. Gerd Pluschke
- Bielefeld University, School of Public Health (BiSPH), Bielefeld, Germany
Prof. Dr. Oliver Razum
Dr. Ansgar Gerhardus
- German Academic Exchange Service