Marcus Heumann (student assistant)
Prof. Dr. Michael Ewers, Charité Berlin
Prof. Dr. Andreas Büscher, Hochschule Osnabrück
Prof. Dr. Dirce Stein Backes
Centro Universitário Franciscano (UNIFRA), Santa Maria, Rio Grande do Sul, Brasilien
Robert Bosch Stiftung
Most patients in primary care suffer from chronic illnesses and multimorbidity. To address their long-term, often complex health care needs, access to a continuum of health care and social care services is required. The discussion about adequate models of primary health care led the way for the development and spreading of primary health centres (e.g. community health centres, family health teams) in many countries. At international level we can find a broad spectrum of primary health centres. All together they bring different health professions under one roof and provide a broad range of health care services. Furthermore, many centres have developed multiprofessional collaboration, cooperation and teamwork to coordinate the patient’s care process. Such an integrated model of primary care could also be promising for Germany.
The aim of the project is to look at concepts and practices of primary health centres in four countries – Sweden, Slovenia, Spain and Brazil - and point out variations and different emphasis. Thereby the focus lays on concepts and practices in rural areas. On this base, suggestions for the development of multi-professional primary health centres in Germany will be made.
- Comparative analysis of the development of primary care centres in different countries (Belgium, Brazil, Estonia, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK).
Methods: literature analysis, telephone-based semi-structured interviews with experts
- Deeper analysis of the concepts and practices of primary health centres in Sweden, Slovenia, Spain and Brazil.
Methods: literature and document analyses, field research: semi-structured interviews with primary health care providers and professionals
- Comparative analysis and presentation of concepts and practices of primary health centres.
Publication and presentation
- Hämel, K./Vössing, C. (2016). Primary care teams – an analysis of cross-professional collaboration in Slovene and Spanish health centres. Programme Book of the Conference of the European Forum for Primary Care "Integrated Primary Care: Research, Policy & Practice", 44 [Abstract ID: EFPC2016135]
- Hämel, K./Giovanella, L. (2016). Community-oriented primary health care in Brazil – a coming trend. Programme Book of the Conference of the European Forum for Primary Care "Crosscutting Informal Care and Professional Primary Care", 40 [Abstract ID: EFPC2016120]
- Hämel, K. (2016): Familiengesundheitsstrategie in Brasilien: Gemeindeorientierung in der Primärversorgung und Möglichkeiten für die Versorgung älterer Menschen. Gerontologie und Geriatrie 49, Nr. 1, 70-71
- Hämel, K./Vössing, C.: Multiprofessionelle Primärversorgung – eine vergleichende Analyse multiprofessioneller Teamarbeit in slowenischen und spanischen Gesundheitszentren. Deutschen Gesellschaft für Sozialmedizin und Prävention „GESUNDHEIT ANDERS DENKEN“ Essen, 14-16. September 2016
- Hämel, K./Vössing, C./Schaeffer, D. (2015). Primary Health Centres − Concepts and Practices. Programme Book of the Conference of the European Forum for Primary Care "Integrated Primary Care: Research, Policy & Practice", 79 [Abstract ID EFPC2015281]