The tight nexus between learning and discovering or between academic education and research, is a desiderate of pedagogy, already clearly stated by Comenius and still a central issue in pedagogical thought. Within this spirit, our working group established a journal hosting student publications. The aim is to professionalize the skills of designing and conducting scientific studies as well as to motivate scientific writing in academic style. The volumes in this series contain student research that was conducted within seminars of the BA and MA Linguistics programm at the Bielefeld university.
This volume is in preparation: it will host chapters on different languages of Côte d'Ivoire discussing the question, which properties of the denotation of the N and the N-projections in these languages account for the difference in the use of number morphemes. The studies are the result of the fieldwork seminar in Côte d'Ivoire, March 2016.
The studies in this volume relate to the expression of spatial relations in Urum and are the result of the student fieldwork in Tbilisi, February 2015 (funded by the Fach-Linguistik at the Bielefeld University).
- Spatial relations in Urum: Motion verbs and aspect
- Expression of spatial relations in Russian and Urum: topside relations
- Die Realisierung von statischen Raumrelationen im Urum am Beispiel der Postpositionen üst- und ič-
The following studies are the result of the student fieldwork in Tbilisi, February 2014 (funded by the Fach-Linguistik at the Bielefeld University). The aim of the studies was to understand the meaning of a tense form that expresses temporal indeterminacy.
- The Counterfactuality of Urum aorist: if it didn’t happen, the aorist happens
- Zähres & Wardhani
- Zur Akzeptabilität von Aorist-Konstruktionen in kontrafaktischen Konditionalsätzen
- Temporal and aspectual conditions for the usage of aorist in Urum: a production study
- The usage of aorist in habitual and punctual actions in the future: an acceptability study
The following studies are the result of the student fieldwork in Tbilisi, February 2014 (funded by the Fach-Linguistik at the Bielefeld University). The aim of the studies was to test whether the optionality of plural marking in Georgian and in Urum arises through differences in the denotation of nominal stems in these languages.
- Zur Interpretation direkter Objekte im Urum
- Lorenz & Meier
- Nominale Numerusmarkierung im Georgischen: Einflüsse von Belebtheit und Quantifikation
- Einfluss von Belebtheit und Quantifikation auf die nominale Pluralmarkierung im Urum
This volume contains corpus studies on Urum nouns that were part of a BA-seminar in 2012.
- Abels & Reusch
- Inhalt, Struktur und Eigenschaften der Nominalphrasen in Urum
- Lokale Kasus in Urum
- Thull & Rempel
- Possession im Urum
- Van Zijp, Wild & Zähres
- Vokalharmonie des Genitivsuffixes im Urum
This volume contains several corpus studies on Urum that were conducted within an MA-seminar in 2011.
- Bittricher et al.
- Der Einfluss von Numeralia auf den Numerus der kaukasischen Sprache Urum
- Böhm & Hilger
- Die Realisierung und Verwendung des Akkusativs im Urum
- Keuch & Yakimovich
- Phonetic alternations of [e] in words of Russian and Turkish origins in Caucasian Urum
Language situation, classifications, sample texts, collection of resources
Texts, lexicon, sound files, studies (collected in 2009-2011).