Uni von A-Z
Universität Bielefeld > Young Scientists > Internationales > in-coming
jQuery treeView

Enrolling for a Doctorate

Once the faculty has accepted your application , you can enrol at the university. In order to enrol, you need to present:.

  • A completed matriculation form (you can either obtain this online from the online-Einschreibehilfe or directly from the Studierendensekretariat (Student Office)
  • Proof of current health insurance with a German statutory public health insurer
  • One passport photograph
  • Your passport, including visa
  • Letter Of Faculty, that you have been accepted as a PhD candidate. Find an example here.

You have to enrol at the Studierendensekretariat (Student Office: C0-138). A few days later, you will receive a bank transfer form with the university bank account number and your Matrikelnummer (student identification number). About 10 days after you have paid your study fees with the bank transfer form, you will receive your semester enrolment slips and either your Semester ticket or NRW-Ticket (entitling to free use of public transport in and around Bielefeld or throughout the state of North Rhine-Westphalia).

Contact persons:

Jan Rick
Office C0-138
Phone. +49 521 106-4076

Dagmar Schätzel
Office C0-138
Phone. +49 521 106-4089

Aleksandra Rybak

Office C0-140

Phone. +49 521 106-4075



Service Center for Young Researchers
Dr. Alexandra Wiebke
Dr. Laura Dittmar
Dr. Linda Groß

Consultation hours (registration)
Mondays 10 - 11 a.m.
Tuesdays 3 - 4 p.m.
Wednesdays 10 - 11 p.m.