Institute for World Society Studies
Lecture series: 'Signaturen der Weltgesellschaft':
24.10.2018, 6.15 p.m., room X-C3-107
Benjamin Tallis (Prague):
Identities, Borderscapes, (Dis)orders: Understanding the EU’s Migration and Neighbourhood Crises
18.12.2018, 6.15 p.m., room X-C3-107
Teresa Koloma Beck (München):
Globalisation and the Everyday. How sociologies of everyday life can contribute to globalisation research
08.01.2019, 6.15 p.m., room X-C3-107
Anja Weiß (Duisburg-Essen):
Sociology of Global Inequalities
New Working Report available
A new Working Report, collecting the Institute's activities from the years 2015 - 2017, has been released. It is available for download at the bottom of this page, and printed copies can be ordered from the Institue Manager.
Research Training Group World Politics (RTG 2225)
The Reasearch Training Group can now be found at uni-bielefeld.de/worldpolitics.
We are pleased to announce that the DFG has approved our Research Training Group application. The new Research Training Group `World politics: The emergence of political arenas and modes of observation in world society´ has begun work on 01 October 2017.
- Spaces of Violence in South Asian Democracies. Eva Gerharz and Joanna Pfaff-Czarnecka, Asian Journal of Social Sciences, 2017, Vol. 45, No. 6, Special Focus.
- A Theory of World Politics. Mathias Albert, Cambridge University Press 2016.
- Social policy by numbers. How international organisations construct global policy proposals. John Berten and Lutz Leisering, International Journal of Social Welfare, 2017, Vol. 26, No. 2, 151-167.
- Shaping Global Health Policy: Global Social Policy Actors and Ideas about Health Care Systems. Alexandra Kaasch, Palgrave Macmillian, 2015.
- 'From Globalization to World Society: Neo-Institutional and Systems-Theoretical Perspectives. Edited by Boris Holzer, Fatima Kastner and Tobias Werron, Routledge, 2015.
- Interaktion - Organisation - Gesellschaft revisited. Anwendungen, Erweiterungen, Alternativen. Sonderband der Zeitschrift für Soziologie. Edited by Bettina Heintz and Hartmann Tyrell, 2015.
Working report 2015 - 2017: