The University Identification Card called UniCard combines the following functions:
- Identification as an employee or student
- Cashless payments at the University (e.g. Mensa)
- Copying and printing at the BITS (central computing service centre), the University Print Shop (Zentrale Vervielfältigung) and in the library
- Borrowing books from the library
- Access to the sport facilities at the University
- Public transportation ticket for East Westphalia (OWL)
- You will be notified when your UniCard can be produced.
- Before receiving the card you have to upload a photograph of yourself in a passport format here (self-made photos are accepted).
- You can pick up your card at the InfoPoint within the next 2-3 working days.
As a visiting scholar of Bielefeld University, you will not be receiving a UniCard. However, you have the possibility to apply for a library card that can also be used for the cashless payment system at the Mensa.
Detailed information here.