Study abroad

+There are many ways to go abroad

  • Semester abroad at a partner university
  • Applying independently to a university


  • Costs and funding
  • Studying abroad with children


  • Applying at a partner university of Bielefeld University
  • Applying independently

+Before you travel

  • Regulations of entry and residence - Federal Foreign Office
  • Language preparation
  • Information events offered by the International Office on guest countries
  • Providing documents (translations of certificates and transcripts or also need attested documents)
  • Recognition of academic achievements
  • Leave of absence / re-registration at University
  • Health Insurance
  • International Student Identity Card
  • Accommodation in the guest country
  • Subletting a flat
  • International Mentoring Program
  • Reports of experiences



Do you have any questions?
We can help.
personensuche-Icon Our Team

Exchange cooperations

Look for worldwide exchange cooperations.


Find documents and brochures in our -> Download Area.