As a student, you will generally enrol (immatriculate) for a degree programme covering one or more subjects. You can find out which combinations of subjects are possible by examining the specific examination regulations or the corresponding study regulations.

Bielefeld University uses a written enrolment procedure. It is not necessary for you to attend in person. If required, enrolment may be carried out by a representative or agent (do not forget to give apower of attorney (in German) to your representative). The enrolment documents must be handed into the Student Officet by the closing date for registration.

For subjects with restricted admission, you will receive separate information on the closing date for registration in your notice of admission.  If you fail to comply with this closing date, your notice of admission will lose its validity.

In principle, you can only enrol/immatriculate as a full-time ‘proper’ student [Haupthörer]. Special regulations apply if you want to enrol at the university as an occasional student [Gasthörer] or visiting student [Zweithörer].

-> There are also special regulations for applicants with educational credentials from another country or in another language