Universität Bielefeld

© Universität Bielefeld

Can I enroll in the Health Communication program without a high school degree?

You do not have a high school degree but you would like to study health communication in Bielefeld?

It is possible, for those with vocational education and training (e.g. master craftspeople, at least two years of vocational training and at least three years of professional activity) in a profession of healthcare. This includes persons in the following fields: certified medical assistant, midwife, social care worker, physical therapist, certified dentist assistants, nurse, paramedic/EMT, physician?s assistant, elder care and auxiliary nurse. Applicants who originally trained in the area of healthcare, but who then worked in a non-healthcare field for at least three years, have the option of taking an entrance exam.

Here you will find further information on studying at the University of Bielefeld without a high school degree:http://www.uni-bielefeld.de/Universitaet/Einrichtungen/ZSB/Beruflich%20Qualifizierte.html.

The registrar?s office of the University can help you find out if you fulfill the general requirements.

Perhaps you have very specific question regarding the Health Communication degree program without a high school degree:

  • How does the Health Communication degree program work?
  • What are the performance requirements of the degree program?
  • Which prerequisites must I fulfill?
  • What do I need to consider when applying?

The faculty program "Starting off right" can help answer these questions:http://www.uni-bielefeld.de/gesundhw/studienberatung/richtigeinsteigen/.

The best way to obtain more information is via email(bhc.studienberatung@uni-bielefeld.de) or in office hours http://www.uni-bielefeld.de/gesundhw/studienberatung/richtigeinsteigen/beratungundorientierung.html



Maps and Addresses