I²SoS is located at the Department of History, Philosophy, and Theology of the University of Bielefeld. Our activities include a weekly colloquium, study groups, and workshops. I²SoS is connected to the international journal Minerva, edited by Peter Weingart. At the heart of our educational activities is the Master program "History, Philosophy, and Sociology of Science" (HPSS) and the new Master program "History, Economics and Philosophy of Science" (HEPS). Currently, the following research groups are connected to I²SoS:
- Philosophy of Science (Martin Carrier, Johannes Lenhard, Cornelis Menke)
- Historical Studies of Science (Carsten Reinhardt, Jasmin Behrensmeier, Veronika Hofer, Dana Mahr)
- Economics of Science (Rolf König, Frederik Herzberg)
- Ethics in Sciences and Medicine (Ralf Stoecker)
- Bibliometrics (Matthias Winterhager)
Associated members of I²SoS are Wolfgang Krohn, Sybilla Nikolow, Frank Riedel, Marc Weingart und Peter Weingart.
Contact: Prof. Martin Carrier