The Faculty of Technology at Bielefeld University comprises of two main scientific disciplines: computer science and biotechnology. It was founded in 1990 and has a strong commitment to interdisciplinary teaching and research.
Participation in Central Research Units of Bielefeld University
- Center for Biotechnology (CeBiTec)
- Exzellenzcluster EXC 277: Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)
- Research Institute for Cognition and Robotics (CoR-Lab)
- Research Centre for Mathematical Modelling (RCM2)
Participation in Research Training Groups and Graduate Schools
- BIBI Graduate School "Digital Infrastructure for the Life Sciences"
- German-Canadian International DFG Research Training Group: "Computational Methods for the Analysis of the Diversity and Dynamics of Genomes" (GRK 1906, 10/2013-09/2019) at the Faculty of Technology and at CeBiTec
- CITEC Graduate School "Cognitive Interaction Technology" at CITEC
- Graduate Cluster "Industrial Biotechnology" at CeBiTec