Welcome to the homepage of the CPI!
The Centre for Prevention and Intervention in Childhood and Adolescence (CPI) constitutes a research branch of the Working Group Socialization at the Faculty of Education at Bielefeld University. The CPI was founded at the turn of the year 2012/2013 at the University of Duisburg-Essen and moved to Bielefeld University in Winter 2014. It supports research activities in the areas of education and health, the dissemination of results to stakeholders and institutions involved, and the implementation of research findings in settings relevant to children, adolescents and young adults.
The CPI’s key activities are:
- Basic research on the socialisation of children and adolescents with a focus on education and health
- Health promotion and prevention in childhood and adolescence/youth
- Health literacy and mental health literacy
- Intersectional social and educational inequalities
- Social inequality, health disparities and inequalities
- Process and outcome evaluation of intervention programs within child and youth services
- Crisis, austerity, child poverty and welfare
- The development, implementation and evaluation of interventions with respect to children’s living conditions
- Applied research activities related to social care, educational and health-related services
- Communication, networking and transfer activities between scientific and non-scientific sectors
- Development and implementation of basic, advanced, and vocational training programs for persons who pursue or want to pursue a profession targeting children, adolescents and/or young adults.
New article in Archive of Public Health - Journal, by Domanska, O.M., Firnges, C., Bollweg, T.M. et al. Download PDF.
Marc Grimm, Baris Ertugrul and Ullrich Bauer ask for proposals for articles for an anthology on "Children and Adolescents in Times of Crises"
The EUSPR Newsletter gives an Overview of German Prevention Research Networks.
We are pleased to announce the launch of the website of the HLCA-Consortium (Health Literacy in Childhood and Adolescence)!
You can learn more about this joint research project at hlca-consortium.com!
The CPI-Brief briefly informs about selected aspects of our work. Please feel invited to read the latest CPI-Briefs!
01/2018: Conference Bem-vindo project
You can catch up on previous issues of the CPI-Brief at the archive.