Welcome to the homepage of the CPI!
The Centre for Prevention and Intervention in Childhood and Adolescence (CPI) constitutes a research branch of the Working Group Socialization at the Faculty of Education at Bielefeld University. The CPI was founded at the turn of the year 2012/2013 at the University of Duisburg-Essen and moved to Bielefeld University in Winter 2014. It supports research activities in the areas of education and health, the dissemination of results to stakeholders and institutions involved, and the implementation of research findings in settings relevant to children, adolescents and young adults.
The CPI’s key activities are:
- Basic research on the socialisation of children and adolescents with a focus on education and health
- Health promotion and prevention in childhood and adolescence/youth
- Health literacy and mental health literacy
- Intersectional social and educational inequalities
- Social inequality, health disparities and inequalities
- Process and outcome evaluation of intervention programs within child and youth services
- Crisis, austerity, child poverty and welfare
- The development, implementation and evaluation of interventions with respect to children’s living conditions
- Applied research activities related to social care, educational and health-related services
- Communication, networking and transfer activities between scientific and non-scientific sectors
- Development and implementation of basic, advanced, and vocational training programs for persons who pursue or want to pursue a profession targeting children, adolescents and/or young adults.
Patricia Wahl (Graf), Alexandra Fretian and Ullrich Bauer talk about "Tabooing and stgmatization of mental illness" in the Jugendhilfereport 02.19
Evaluation of the IGEL program - results: Effectiveness of a school-based intervention to prevent child sexual abuse (Czerwinski et al.) Download
You can learn more about this joint research project at hlca-consortium.com!
The CPI-Brief briefly informs about selected aspects of our work. Please feel invited to read the latest CPI-Briefs!
07/2019: Annual Conference of the DGSMP and DGMS
06/2019: IMPRES-team in Canada
02/2019: Participation in the conference 40 years DISTINCTION On the relevance of Pierre Bourdieus theory in culture and inequality research, Vienna
You can catch up on previous issues of the CPI-Brief at the archive.