- We would like to draw your attention to the publication Children and Adolescents in Times of Crisis in Europewhich has been published recently by Marc Grimm/Baris Ertugrul/Ullrich Bauer. This book presents an analysis of the impact of the social crisis on the well-being of children and adolescents in Europe. Focusing on the fields of health, employment and social status, this book highlights that the impact of crisis has to be viewed in light of the state policies in reaction to crisis. Chapters in the book offer new perspectives of a reflexive crisis research objectifying crisis and analyzing what is referred to as crisis by whom, how, for what purposes and with which implicit or explicit solutions.
- 02/2019: Participation in the conference 40 years DISTINCTION On the relevance of Pierre Bourdieus theory in culture and inequality research, Vienna
- 09/2017: Second funding period of the HLCA research consortium (2018-2021)
- 08/2017: New Release: Socialisation during the life course
- 07/2017: Short presentation of the German project "Schule tatsächlich inklusiv ? Evidenzbasierte modulare Weiterbildung für praktizierende Lehr- und andere pädagogische Fachkräfte" (StiEL)
- 06/2017: Impressions from the project Bem-vindo
- 05/2017: Short presentation of the MoMChild-follow-up project HL-Kids-NRW (2018-2021)
- 04/2017: Update of the project MoMChild
- ZPI-Brief 03/2017: Participation at the "Conference Philosophy and Social Science" in Prag, Czech Republic
- ZPI-Brief 02/2017: Participation at the ETC Summer School in Alicante, Spain
- Marc Grimm, Baris Ertugrul and Ullrich Bauer ask for proposals for articles for an anthology on "Children and Adolescents in Times of Crises"
- CPI-Brief 01/2017: Shortpresentation: Essay about the "AfD" and antisemitism
- On the 9th of December we had the pleasure to welcome Kenneth Yongabi Anchang at the CPI, who gave us an insightful presentation on his health literacy research in Cameroon. Here you can read a summary of his presentation.
Here you can find the EUSPR Newsletter featuring an Overview of German Prevention Research Networks
- Luís Saboga-Nunes from the HLCA advisory board and consortium´s member Orkan Okan have been elected president and co-president, respectively, of EUPHA’s Health Promotion Section at 2016´s EPH annual meeting in Vienna. EUPHA, the European Public Health Association, is by far the largest organisation for public health experts in Europe and brings together around 14.000 people for professional exchange and collaboration throughout Europe. For at least the next two years, Luís and Orkan will be in charge of the health promotion section representing the voices of more than 2,500 section members. The HLCA consortium congratulates Luís and Orkan in the warmest possible way for this tremendous success.
- We would like to draw your attention to the publication Prävention von sexueller Gewalt in der Primarstufe (German) which has been published recently by Wilhelm Körner/Ullrich Bauer/Ina Kreuz.
- CPI-Brief 10/2016: Short presentation: The IGEL-Manual has been published
- CPI-Brief 08/2016: Short presentation of the Bachelor Thesis "Sedentary Behaviour of children" by Marina Schlattmann
- CPI-Brief 07/2016: Masterthesis @ CPI "Life situation and stress of children of mentally ill parents" by Torsten Bollweg
- We would like to draw your attention to the publication Psychisch belastete Eltern in der Sozialpädagogischen Familienhilfe (German), which has been published recently by PhD Michael Rehder.
- CPI-Brief 01/2016: Summary of the 3rd HLCA-Consortium-Meeting in March 2016
- CPI-Brief 02/2016: HLCA-Subproject Teacher-MHL: Short Presentation of the results of the online questionnaire
- CPI-Brief 03/2016: Summary of the 22nd IUHPE World Conference on Health Promotion in Brasil
- CPI-Brief 04/2016: HLCA-Subproject TeCoMo: Short Presentation of the results of the systematic literature review
- CPI-Brief 10/2015: Short presentation: Results of the systematic literature review of the HLCA Subproject Teacher-MHL (Health promotion for children of mentally ill parents. Assessment and promotion of teacher- specific mental health literacy)
- CPI-Brief 11/2015: Summary of the 2nd HLCA-Consortium-Meeting in October 2015.
- CPI-Brief 8/2015: Short presentation: Zoë Clark (2015): Youth as a Capability?The Capabilities Approach as a Basis for Critical Youth Research
- CPI-Brief 9/2015: Short presentation: First results of the literature review of the HLCA Subproject MoMChild (Methods of Measuring Health Literacy of Children)
- The eleventh edition of the Introduction to Socialisation Theory (written by Klaus Hurrelmann and Ullrich Bauer), as well as the eighth edition of the Guidebook Socialisation Research (ed. Klaus Hurrelmann, Ullrich Bauer, Matthias Grundmann & Sabine Walper) have been published by Beltz Publishing!
- CPI-Brief 7/2015: Short Info on the HLCA Subproject NePP (Needs for Primary Prevention and Health Literacy in Families with Mentally Ill Parents)
- We are pleased to announce that the website of the HLCA-Consortium (Health Literacy in Childhood and Adolescence) is now online! You can learn more about this joint research project at hlca-consortium.com!
- CPI-Brief 6/2015: Short Info on the HLCA Subproject TEACHER-MHL (Health promotion for children of mentally ill parents. Assessment and promotion of teacher- specific mental health literacy)
- CPI-Brief 1/2015: Introduction of the Centre for Prevention and Intervention in Childhood and Adolescence (CPI)
- CPI-Brief 2/2015: The staff of the CPI introduce themselves
- CPI-Brief 3/2015: Introduction of the research consortium: Health Literacy in Childhood and Adolescence (HLCA) – A Target for Health Promotion and Primary Prevention
- CPI-Brief 4/2015: Short Info on the HLCA Subproject PROVIDER-MHL (Parents suffering from mental disorders and their unaffected children in municipal child and youth services)
- CPI-Brief 5/2015: Short Info on the HLCA Subproject TeCoMo (Developing Theories, Concepts and Models for Health Literacy in Childhood and Adolescence)
Patricia Wahl (Graf), Alexandra Fretian and Ullrich Bauer talk about "Tabooing and stgmatization of mental illness" berichten Patricia Wahl (Graf), Alexandra Fretian und Ullrich Bauer im in the Jugendhilfereport 02.19
Evaluation of the IGEL program - results: Effectiveness of a school-based intervention to prevent child sexual abuse (Czerwinski et al.) Download
New article in Archive of Public Health - Journal, by Domanska, O.M., Firnges, C., Bollweg, T.M. et al. Download PDF.
The EUSPR Newsletter gives an Overview of German Prevention Research Networks.
We are pleased to announce the launch of the website of the HLCA-Consortium (Health Literacy in Childhood and Adolescence)!
You can learn more about this joint research project at hlca-consortium.com!
The CPI-Brief briefly informs about selected aspects of our work. Please feel invited to read the latest CPI-Briefs!
02/2019: Participation in the conference 40 years DISTINCTION On the relevance of Pierre Bourdieus theory in culture and inequality research, Vienna
You can catch up on previous issues of the CPI-Brief at the archive.