The Faculty of Mathematics of Bielefeld University invites applications for the position of
Professor (W3) of Mathematics, in particular Probability Theory
starting as soon as possible.
We are looking for a candidate who
- has an outstanding track record of research, especially in Probability Theory, that will expand the department‘s research profile,
- has experience in research collaborations with other mathematical disciplines,
- contributes to the departmental tasks of research, teaching and academic administration,
- actively participates in the department's current and future collaborative research initiatives, in particular in the Collaborative Research Centre 1283 (https://www.sfb1283.uni-bielefeld.de) or the International Research Training Group 2235 (https://irtg.math.uni-bielefeld.de),
- is open for research collaborations with scientists from the
Faculty of Mathematics and from other established departments of
Bielefeld University as well as from the Faculty of Medicine in
Applications from suitably qualified disabled people are explicitly encouraged.
Bielefeld University has received a number of awards for its achievements in the provision of equal opportunity and has been recognized as a family friendly University. The University welcomes applications by women. This is particularly true in regard to both academic and technical posts as well as positions in information technology. Applications are handled according to the provisions of the state’s equal opportunity statutes.
The submission deadline for applications is August 12, 2019.
Applications should include a curriculum vitae, a 2-page research and teaching concept and a publication list with three outstanding publications highlighted. They can be submitted by e-mail
(optionally PGP-encrypted: https://www.math.uni-bielefeld.de/~bewerbung/pubkey.asc ;
fingerprint: 064A 9B7A 8197 8140 FA77 EF11 74F4 5886 3D4E 426E) to:
or by regular mail to:
Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics
P.O. Box 100131
Applicants are asked not to send in original documents, as these cannot be returned.