Faculty of Mathematics of Bielefeld University invites applications for the position of
Juniorprofessorship of Mathematics (W1), in particular Stochastic Analysis
starting as soon as possible.
The successful candidate shall represent the field of Stochastic Analysis in research and teaching.
We are looking for a candidate who
- is established in the field of stochastic analysis, in particular stochastic partial differential equations or interacting particle systems, through an outstanding PhD thesis and internationally recognized publications in peer-review journals
- has experience in at least one of the following fields: large deviation theory for SPDEs and interacting particle systems, non-equilibrium statistical mechanics, gradient flows and optimal transport, random homogenization,
- contributes to the departmental tasks of research, teaching and academic administration,
- actively participates in the department's current and future collaborative research initiatives, in particular in the Collaborative Research Centre 1283 “Taming uncertainty and profiting from randomness and low regularity in analysis, stochastics and their applications”,
- is open for research collaborations with scientists from the
Faculty of Mathematics and from other departments of Bielefeld
The appointment is at first limited to three years. An extension for another three years is possible in case of a positive evaluation.
Applications from suitably qualified disabled people are explicitly encouraged.
Bielefeld University has received a number of awards for its achievements in the provision of equal opportunity and has been recognized as a family friendly University. The University welcomes applications by women. This is particularly true in regard to both academic and technical posts as well as positions in information technology. Applications are handled according to the provisions of the state’s equal opportunity statutes.
The submission deadline for applications is February 1, 2021.
Applications should include a curriculum vitae, a 2-page research and teaching concept and a publication list with three outstanding publications highlighted. They can be submitted by e-mail (optionally PGP-encrypted) to:
or by regular mail to:
Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics
P.O. Box 100131
Applicants are asked not to send in original documents, as these cannot be returned.
Fingerabdruck: 064A 9B7A 8197 8140 FA77 EF11 74F4 5886 3D4E 426E
Please note that risks to confidentiality and unauthorized access by third parties cannot be ruled out when communicating via unencrypted e-mail. Information on the processing of personal data can be found at https://www.uni-bielefeld.de/Universitaet/Aktuelles/Stellenausschreibungen/2019_DS-Hinweise_englisch.pdf