Welcome to the Faculty of Biology
From molecules to ecosystems: a broad range of research and study programs geared to future realities characterise our faculty
- Poster Award "BACELL 2019"
Kerstin Schultenkämper won the best poster award at the conference "BACELL 2019" held Apr 09-10, 2018, in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Kerstin presented "Establishment and application of CRISPR interference to affect sporulation, hydrogen peroxide detoxification and mannitol catabolism in the methylotrophic thermophile Bacillus methanolicus" as part of the ERA-CoBioTech project C1Pro.
- Aphids manipulate their food
Scientists at Bielefeld studying niche construction
- Population sex ratio influences parental care in plovers
Research results published in the journal "Nature Communications"
- The biological clock of plants: 'research_tv' presents Bielefeld research on Nobel Prize topic
- New Collaborative Research Centre: The individual and its ecological niche
Working in interdisciplinary teams and innovative research projects:
Research and studies take place within international networks: