Strengthening eHealth Literacy among older people
04/2018 bis 03/2021
Stiftung Wohlfahrtspflege NRW
Prevention and health promotion of chronic diseases and care dependency are key elements of user-orientated care. Numerous challenges arise with regard to coping with chronic diseases and care dependency and various competences are needed to meet them. These competences cannot be taken for granted as results on health literacy in Germany show. According to the results of the German Health Literacy Survey (HLS-GER) older people and people with chronic diseases have a relatively low level of health literacy. There is need for innovative care and interventions aiming to promote health literacy and to strengthen autonomy and participation despite chronicity and care dependency. Therefore the aim of this project is to develop an intervention focusing on eHealth literacy.
The aim of the project is
- to investigate, how interventions to promote eHealth Literacy among older people with health impairments need to be designed and to determine the specific characteristics that have to be considered,
- to develop and test an intervention to promote eHealth literacy among older people at risk of chronic diseases and care dependency.
- Performance of a systematic literature analysis to identify already existing international, evidence-based, multidimensional interventions and good practice examples aiming at strengthening eHealth literacy of older people.
- Empirical analysis of eHealth literacy among older people and design of an intervention to promote eHealth literacy.
- Testing and validation of the intervention.
- Preparation and dissemniation of the results in presentations, publications and a joint project report of the research network förges.
This project is part of the research network förges.