Terms and conditions of booking and participation
Here you will find information on the terms and conditions of participation, the enrolment procedure, the venue and times, as well as confirmation of enrolment and costs. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Our courses are aimed at researchers and teachers of Bielefeld University (doctoral candidates, PostDocs, junior research group leaders, professors with tenure track (W1, W2)).
- There are a limited number of places available on the courses
- If more persons register than there are places in the seminar, then places will be allocated on a first come first serve basis according to receipt of registration. You will be informed if you have been placed on the waiting list.
- We will give you details of the venue along with the course invitation, approximately three weeks before the course starts.
- If you are unable to attend the event, please cancel your enrolment in good time. Please also let us know if you are prevented from attending the event at short notice (e.g. illness).
- We reserve the right to make changes to the seminar programme in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- A minimum number of participants is required for the event to take place.
You can enrol for our various courses online. Since different institutions are involved in Bielefeld University's training programme, your enrolment will be processed in different ways. Please follow the instructions at the end of each seminar description. Please note that course enrolment is binding. However, if you are unable to attend the course due to exceptional circumstances, please inform us in good time so that free places can be allocated to applicants on the waiting list.
All events take place on the premises of Bielefeld University. Please refer to the seminar description or invitation for the exact location. Unless otherwise stated, the events start at the exact time stated (i.e. not according to the German tradition of the so-called "academic quarter" which allows courses to begin up to 15 minutes after the stated time).
We will send you confirmation of your enrolment with details of the respective course contents.
Course participation for researchers and lecturers of Bielefeld University is free of charge.