Goals & target groups
It is in the interest of the University as much as its responsibility to foster the careers of young researchers both within its research environment and outside it, as well as in industry and society. In line with its commitment to high level teaching and research, the University also aims to attract and retain within the system those candidates best qualified for an academic career.
By offering advice and support, PEP helps its clients to achieve successful degrees and shape their own career goals independently, both in academia and on the job market outside the science and higher education sector. At the same time, we want to accommodate the need to develop skills, both subject-specific and more general, at every career stage. We seek to actively support young researchers embarking on the next step in their career to make informed decisions on what the best option is for them. To this end, the University provides a staff development programme that is open to all researchers on an equal basis.
The careers services for young researchers are mainly aimed at the target groups with the following qualification:
- Prospective doctoral candidates
- Doctoral candidates in the phases of exploration, engagement and consolidation
- PostDocs in the exploratory phase (1-3 years after gaining a doctorate)
- Advanced PostDocs (3-6 years after gaining a doctorate))
- Junior Research Group Leaders
- Professors with tenure-track (W1 and W2)