Uniwersytet Jagielloński w Krakowie- Jagellonian University Krakow
Erasmus+ Coordinator: Natalya Kashkovskaya
Study Cycle: Bachelor, Master and PhD
Language of instruction: Polish and English. The minium desirable level of English is B2 following the Common European Frame of Reference (CEFR).
Erasmus+ Partner: Faculty of International and Political Studies
General information: The Jagiellonian University is the oldest higher education institution in Poland and one of the oldest in Europe. It was founded on 12 May 1364 by the Polish king Casimir the Great. Since its very beginning, the Jagiellonian University has been an international institution. Poles, Ruthenians, Lithuanians, Hungarians, Germans, Czechs, the Swiss, the English, the Dutch, the French, the Spanish, Italians, and even Tatars studied here in the old days.
Today, the Jagiellonian University comprises 16 Faculties, where nearly 4 thousand academic staff conduct research and provide education to over 40 thousand students, within the framework of more than 80 different fields of study. The eminent researchers and state-of-the-art infrastructure make the JU one of the leading Polish scientific institutions, collaborating with major academic centers from all over the world. The Jagiellonian University is also home to about 150 student societies, where young researchers pursue their academic interests and develop friendships with people who share their passion.
Course offerings: Our Erasmus+ partner, the Faculty of International and Political Studies offers the following course program:
- BA in Global and Development Studies (GLAD)
- BA in International Relations and Area Studies
- BA in European Studies: Politics and Society in a Global Context (Centre for European Studies)
- BA Study Abroad Courses (Centre for European Studies)
- MA in International Security and Development (ISAD)
- MA International Joint Master's Degree in International Relations: Europe in the Visegrad Perspective
- MA in TransAtlantic Studies
- MA in European Studies
- MA in Euroculture: Europe in the Wider World (Erasmus Mundus)
- MA in Governance, Leadership and Democracy Studies (Jagiellonian University and the Universidade Católica Portuguesa)
- MA International Masters in Economy, State and Society
- MA International Master in Central and East European, Russian and Eurasian Studies (Erasmus Mundus)
- MA Double Degree Master's Programme in Law & Politics (Kobe University)& European Studies (Jagiellonian University)
- MA European Studies Double Degree Masters Programme (Jagiellonian University and University of Strasbourg)
- MA European Studies Double Degree Masters Programme (Jagiellonian University and University of Padova)
In the year 2000, the Faculty of International and Political Studies was founded. It was divided into four units: (1) the Institute of Political Science; (2) the Institute of Ethnic Studies and Polish Diaspora (established in 1972); (3) the Institute of Regional Studies; and (4) the School of Polish Language and Culture (operating as part of the faculty until 2005).
One of the main purposes for establishing the new Faculty was to combine academic and didactic efforts undertaken by various groups of academic researchers at the university in the field of political and international developments – as seen from legal, historical, philosophical, sociological, and cultural perspectives.
With time, new units were established within the faculty, often as a result of the reorganization of previously existing units. From 2004 to 2014 the Institute of American Studies and Polish Diaspora, the Institute of European Studies, the Institute of Russian and East European Studies, the Division of Ukrainian Studies, the Centre for Chinese Language and Culture, the Centre for Holocaust Studies, the Institute of the Middle and Far East, the Centre for Lithuanian Studies, the Centre for Quantitative Research in Political Science, the Institute of Intercultural Studies, the Jagiellonian Centre for Migration Studies and the Jagiellonian Centre for African Studies became part of the faculty.
An overview and detailed descriptions of the concrete study programs are available in the faculties homepage.
Study terms: Detailed information on the study terms, can be found here.
Other information: The University offers international students different support services as welcome and information events, a detailed exchange student guide, a mentor program or language courses. The Erasmus+ Student Network (ESN) organizes activities and trips in and around Krakow. While the search for accommodation is a student´s obligation, the International Relations Office of the University may provide helpful information and advice. Further information can be found on the Universities website.
Events & Deadlines
Erasmus+ Sprechstunde/ Office hours:
Aktuell bieten wir eine online Sprechstunde an. Bitte kontaktiert uns zum Termin vereinbaren per Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org
// At the moment we are offering online office hours. Please contact us to make an appointment by mail to email@example.com
Alle Kurse für das kommende Wintersemester 2020/21 sind auch im eKVV online einsehbar! Englischsprachige Veranstaltungen finden Sie HIER.
All courses for the upcoming winter semester 2020/21 are also available online in the eKVV. You can find an overview of courses in English HERE.
Do you have any questions?
We can help.