|2014/01/01 - 2016/12/01||8.540 Euro|
1. Initial situation and ideaChildren and young people with disabilities, in particular mental disabilities, physical handicaps and/or behavioral disorders, often miss incentive and motivation for physical activity. Consequences are widely proven and include weight gain, poor development of fine and gross motor skills and missing cardio-pulmonary resilience.
Because affected children and youth miss out on mental load situations in school and everyday life they often show conspicuous behavior and group dynamics are unbalanced. Physical, mental and social competence are not developed adequately. Pathological findings like posture problems, lack of concentration, tendencies for diabetes or infection are actually predictors for problematic biographies.
To counteract this problem, it is necessary to promote and maintain joy in movement through motivational approaches. Modern technology, especially appealing to young people, can help to reach this aim. Studies show that the targeted use of electronic media in recreational activities as well as in rehabilitation has positive effects.
On this basis, interactive media like x-box, a concept, which displays actual movement of players on a screen to simulate gaming situations, should be used.
2. Aims oft the project
- Promotion of health and prevention
- Promotion of mobility and ability to concentrate
- Reduction of conspicuous behavior
- Structuring of leisure time
- Handling of success and defeat
- Improvement of social competence