• Course of Studies and Re-enrolment

    © Universität Bielefeld

Application for Change of Degree Programme

You can order applications for Change of degree programme with the attached printed form from the Student Office.

Change of Degree Programme

Upon application, you may

  • change your subject/degree programme,
  • start a double degree programme,
  • change from a Bachelor’s to a Master’s degree programme,
  • change subject/degree programme in a higher semester [Quereinstieg],
  • commence doctoral studies or
  • enrol in an academic degree programme.

Basically, you have to submit an application to change your degree programme to the Studierendensekretariat by the Rückmeldezeitraum [closing date for registration] or, by the latest, on

  • November 15 for the winter semester or
  • May 15 for the summer semester

However, if applying to change to a degree programme with restricted admission, you have to comply with the deadline announced in your notice of admission. If you are changing subject/degree programme in a higher semester [Quereinstieg] you must enclose the printed form on which the appropriate faculty of Bielefeld University documents how many transferable study semesters you have been credited with.

If required, you may have to enclose further documents such as the first tertiary qualification when changing to master / doctoral studies (for more information, go to the Anmerkungen zu den Einschreibungsunterlagen).

For degree programmes over Hochschulstart.de, degree programmes with local admissions restrictions [örtlichen Zulassungsbeschränkungen], master courses and applications for entering a degree programme with restricted admission in a higher semester [höhere Fachsemester], it is essential for you to comply with the given application deadlines. Simultaneous enrolment in two degree programmes with restricted admission is not permissible.