We invite conceptual, empirical, and analytical works from a variety of management fields such as innovation and technology management, service management, marketing, human resources, entrepreneurship, as well as colleagues from engineering and practitioners.
Conference contributions need to be related to challenges in managing smart products and services, including (but not limited to) the topics below:
- Big data handling and usage
- Branding of smart products and services
- Business models for smart products and services
- Customer co-creation in "smart" innovation processes
- Data security and privacy
- Drivers and barriers to the adoption or diffusion of smart products and services
- Implications of smart products and services on R&D, supply chain management, and controlling
- HR perspectives on employees' usage and adoption of smart products and services
- Marketing requirements for the management of smart products and services
- Smart service systems
Both completed research and work in progress will be considered. Please find more detailed information in the full Call-for-Abstracts.
Schmalenbach Business Review (SBR) will publish a Special Issue on "Multidisciplinary Perspectives on Challenges in Managing Smart Products and Services". The corresponding CfP can be found here. Topics are the same as for CHIMSPAS, guest editors are Nicola Bilstein and Christian Stummer. Submission deadline is 31 October 2019, publication of the issue is expected by the end of 2020.