Professor Dr. Reinhold Decker
+49 521 106-3936
+49 521 106-156913
+49 521 106-6913
UHG U9-144 , Locations Map
Research Interests (in alphabetical order)
- Analysis and modeling of buying behavior
- Analysis of Brand Images
- Data analysis and data mining in marketing
- Data and Web Mining in Marketing
- Internet-based preference measurement and new product development
- Marketing for Smart Systems
- Social Media Analysis
Completed Research Topics
- Analysis and Modeling of Buying Behavior
- Quantitative Methods of Marketing Research
- Computer-based Decision Support in Marketing Management
- New Methods in Computer-based Preference Measurement
- Environmental Scanning in Marketing
- Machine Learning
- Computer-based decision support for SME’s
- DFG-Project ProSeBiCA
- Winner, Emerald Highly Commended Award 2006 for the paper “An Internet-Based Approach to Environmental Scanning in Marketing Planning”, Marketing Intelligence & Planning, Vol. 23, No. 2, 2005 (with R. Wagner and S. Scholz).
- Finalist, IJRM Best Paper Award 2011 for the paper “Estimating Aggregate Consumer Preferences from Online Product Reviews”, International Journal of Research in Marketing, Vol. 27, No. 4, 2010, 293-307 (with M. Trusov).
- Marketing Science Institute Research Grant Award for “Communication and Branding in a Digital Era”, Research Competition 2011 (with M. Trusov).
- Best Paper Award for "Analyzing Online Consumer Reviews – Some Remarks on Consistency", Proceedings of the Australian New Zealand Marketing Conference 2012 (with D. Schindler).
- Best Paper Award for "An empirical investigation of brand extensions influence on parent brand image using Brand Concept Maps", Proceedings of the Australian New Zealand Marketing Conference 2014 (with P. Kottemann and A. Hörmeyer).
- Finalist, IJRM Best Paper Award 2018 for the paper "Extracting brand information from social networks: Integrating image, text, and social tagging data", International Journal of Research in Marketing, Vol. 35, No. 4, 2018, 538-556 (with A. Plumeyer, D. Boeger and J. Klostermann).