J.-Prof. Dr. Markus Günther
Junior Professor Technology Management
Office: UHG V9-153, Layout
Born 1976 in Vienna, Austria.
Education and Academic Degrees
|2002 - 2007||Doctoral studies in Economics and the Social Sciences, University of Vienna|
|2001||Summer Session at University of California, Los Angeles - USA|
|1996 - 2002||Studies of International Business Administration at University of Vienna, Austria|
|1993 - 1995||High school (Realistisches Gymnasium) in Mödling, Lower Austria|
|1992 - 1993||DSP in St. Cloud, France|
|1987 - 1992||High school (Realistisches Gymnasium) in Mödling, Lower Austria|
|1983 - 1987||Primary school in Hinterbrühl, Lower Austria|
Academic and Professional Experience
|since 2010||Junior Professor, Technology Management and Entrepreneurship, Bielefeld University
(2013: positively reevaluated; 2016 prolonged, 03/2018-03/2019 on parental leave)
|2016-2017||Acting Full Professor ("W3"), Chair of Innovation- and Technology Management, Department of Business Administration and Economics, Bielefeld University|
|2010-2018||External Lector at the Department of Business Administration, University of Vienna|
|2015-2018||Lector, FHWien University of Applied Sciences of WKW, Vienna|
|2013||Visiting researcher and lector at the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya in Barcelona, Spain|
|2010-2013||External Lector, University of Applied Science bfi, Vienna|
|2008 - 2010||Department of Business Administration, University of Vienna
|2008||External Lector, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna|
|2007||External Lector at the Department of Business Administration, University of Vienna|
|2007||External Lector, Assistive Technologies, Johannes Kepler University Linz|
|2005 - 2009||Lector, eCompetence, University of Vienna|
|2003 - 2010||Trainer, Human Resource Development, University of Vienna|
|2003 - 2007||Department of Business Administration, University of Vienna
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter in Ausbildung (Scientific Staff)
|2002 - 2003||Projektzentrum Lehrentwicklung - University of Vienna
Main working field: New Media at universities.
Responsibility for technical consultation and project accompaniment, communication management and training.
Delegate of the University of Vienna at the "Forum Neue Medien" of the BMBWK.
|2000 - 2001||MAGNA Europa AG - Corporate R&D
Responsibility for a concept of a R&D-information-system.
|1998 - 2010||MAGNA Engineering Center AG
Responsibility for process-management (designing, optimizing, implementation and technical realization) and information-systems (controlling, project-management, quality-management...)
|1998/1999||Creation and adaptation of different Websites
(Bonne Bell, Danube University etc.)
|1996 - 2002||Development and adaptations of computer-programs and databases as freelancer
(e.g. program for writing and administrating of judicial medical certificates, program for managing the distribution of books)
|1995 - 2000||Different jobs in the banking sector (BAWAG, Erste):
Y2K-project, EURO-project, foreign affair department, customer service.
|1995 - 1996||Military service (obligatory in Austria):
Implementation of and responsibility for data processing and assistance in research projects at the "Fliegermedizinische Ambulanz - Heeresspital Wien"
Awards, Grants, Scholarships
"Karl Peter Grotemeyer-Award – for outstanding achievement and personal commitment in teaching" 2012.
Winner of the "Most Innovative Paper regarding Engineering Education Award" at the IEEE EDUCON 2010 conference.
Winner of the inaugural "Best Applied Paper" award for the Winter Simulation Conference 2009.
Scholarship for the Congress "The Baltic States, Austria and EU-Enlargement" - European Forum Alpbach; provided by the Austrian College and the Initiativegruppe Alpbach-Wien.
Scholarship for the Congress "Slowakia and the European Union" - European Forum Alpbach; provided by the Austrian College.
Scholarship for the "European Forum Alpbach 2000: Future: Experience - Expectation - Design"; provided by the Austrian Students Union.
Advisory Boards, Working groups,...
- Member of the advisory board "Master of Innovation and Technology Management", FH Technikum Wien (since 2017)
- University Advisor, Enactus Bielefeld (since 2015)
- Member of the faculty conference ("Fakultätskonferenz") at the Department of Business Administration and Economics, Bielefeld University (2015-2016)
- Deputy member of the advisory board for teaching affairs ("Studienbeirat") at the Department of Business Administration and Economics, Bielefeld University (since 2015)
- Member of the ethic commission, Bielefeld University (since 2014)
- Mentor for the excellence program BU2BU - Best Undergraduates to Bielefeld University (since 2013)
- Member of the board of the friends' association of the Department of Business Administration and Economics, University Bielefeld (2013-2017)
- Deputy member of the faculty conference ("Fakultätskonferenz") at the Department of Business Administration and Economics, Bielefeld University (2012-2015, since 2016)
- Member of the board of trustees of the student management consultancy STUNT e.V. Bielefeld (since 2010)
- Vice Head of Department of Business Administration, University of Vienna (2008-2010)
- Member of the faculty conference ("Fakultätskonferenz") at the faculty of Business, Economics and Statistics, University of Vienna (2004-2010)
- Member of a review committee at the University of Vienna
- Delegate of the University of Vienna at the Forum New Media Austria ("Forum Neue Medien Austria") (2003-2010)
- Member of the advisory board of the Faculty IT-Support at the University of Vienna (2010)
- Member of the advisory board Faculty Website at the University of Vienna (2008-2010)
- Member of the working group Plagiarism software at the University of Vienna (2008)
- Technological Forecasting and Social Change
- European Journal of Operational Research
- International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Journal of the Operational Research Society
- Central European Journal of Operations Research
- Mathematical and Computer Modelling of Dynamical Systems
- Interdisziplinäre Jahreskonferenz zu Entrepreneurship, Innovation und Mittelstand (conference)
- IBIMA International Conference
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG), Germany
- Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG)
- National Science Center (NSC), Poland
- Oesterreichischen Nationalbank (OeNB), Austria
- Ethic Commission, Bielefeld University
Member in scientific societies
- GOR ? Gesellschaft für Operations Research
- PICMET ? Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology
- Universitätsgesellschaft Bielefeld