- Artemis Alexiadou (English philology, HU Berlin)
- Lorraine Daston (History of Science, MPI for the History of Science, Berlin)
- Herbert Dawid (Economics, U Bielefeld)
- Elena Esposito (Sociology of Communication, U Bologna)
- Julika Griem (Literature, KWI Essen)
- Eric Hilgendorf (Law, U Würzburg)
- Peter Imkeller (Mathematics, HU Berlin)
- Reinhold Kliegl (Psychology, U Potsdam)
- Angelika Kühnle (Physical Chemistry, U Bielefeld)
- Sabine Maasen (Sociology, U Hamburg)
- Maren Möhring (History, U Leipzig)
- Klaus Reinhold (Biology, U Bielefeld)
- Helge Ritter (Neuroinformatics, U Bielefeld)
- The Advisory Board consists of 16 members (generally six acadmics from Bielefeld University and ten extern academics).
- The members are nominated by the faculties and appointed by the Rektorat of Bielefeld University for four-year terms (re-appointment is possible).
- The Advisory Board elects from its external members the chairperson and her/his deputy.
ZiF's Advisory Board in the university's directory