skip to main contentskip to main menuskip to footer Universität Bielefeld Play Search
  • Accessibility Services

    Logo der ZAB, bunte Kreise mit Schriftzug Zentrale Anlaufstelle Barrierefrei
    Campus of Bielefeld University
    © Bielefeld University

Stays abroad

Switch to main content of the section

The International Office at Bielefeld University can be contacted for all questions regarding studying abroad.

Staying abroad with a disability, chronic or mental illness? Of course!

We, the ZAB - Zentrale Anlaufstelle Barrierefrei would like to encourage you to study abroad even if you have a disability, chronic or mental illness.

Of course, a stay abroad raises many questions and in connection with a disability, chronic or mental illness, especially possible additional needs must be covered or questions about assistance and accessibility at the foreign place of study must be clarified.

In addition to financing issues, insurance issues are also of particular relevance.

The new Erasmus+ program is particularly interesting for students with disabilities.

ERASMUS+ is intended to promote equal opportunities and inclusion. Therefore, the sending Universities can apply for special funding for students with a degree of disability of at least 50.

The DAAD [German Academic Exchange Service] also has a special support program for students with disabilities since 2018 and, in addition to financial support options, offers a lot of valuable information about a stay abroad on its website. A visit to the DAAD [German Academic Exchange Service] web portal is highly recommended!

In addition, there may be the possibility for students with a GdB of at least 30 to apply to the DAAD [German Academic Exchange Service] for a top-up.

back to top