skip to main contentskip to main menuskip to footer Universität Bielefeld Play
  • Help and Emergency

    © Universität Bielefeld

In-house emergency medical assistance

Fire/ accident (University internal landline): red telephone 112

Fire/ accident (from mobile phone): red telephone 0521 - 106 112

Police (University internal landline): red telephone 110

Police (from mobile phone): red telephone 0521 - 106 110

All emergency calls are answered by the University's central control. This is important, so that the emergency services can be informed of the most direct route to the emergency situation and so that in-house support can be notified immediately. If it is not possible for the central control to answer the emergency call, your call will be connected directly to the Bielefeld fire brigade. We recommend saving the emergency numbers with the corresponding area code in your mobile phone in order to save valuable time in the event of an emergency.

Tip: If you do not have access to a landline at your work station (e.g. students) or are often away from your desk, then please save the number 0521 106 112 to your mobile phone - you can save valuable time in an emergency!

You can also make an emergency call to the central control using the crisis and emergency app "EVALARM" (further information on the app here). With the app "EVALARM" you can also ask for help by sending a text message if you are not in the position to speak.

If you need the phone number of the nearest poison control centre, click on poison information centres..

Further information on the subject of hospitals and accident insurance doctors is available under First Aid.

University Medical Service

Please note: the in-house doctors are not primarily responsible for issuing emergency medical care at the University. Their task is to carry out occupational medical examinations, consultations, examinations or similar. Minor injuries can only be attended to at the University Medical Service during regular opening hours! If the emergency concerns a serious illness/injury and treatment cannot be fully administered by the first-aiders in your area, you must dial the emergency number and stay where you are. Help will come to you!

Site plan of the University Medical Service (University main hall):

Mondays to Thursdays 08.00 a.m. - 04.00 p.m.
Fridays 08.00 a.m. - 02.00 p.m.
Room: UHG E01 - 135 to 139
Phone: 6352

Site plan of the University Medical Service (University main hall)

University emergency response officers

University emergency response officers are persons with extended knowledge in first aid. When an emergency call is made via the central control, the emergency response officers are automatically alerted. The University emergency response officers and the first-aiders take over the care of the ill/injured person until the emergency services arrive.


First-aiders are fellow staff members who are trained to instigate immediate life-saving interventions in the case of a medical emergency or in an accident. Please note that before you contact a first-aider in an acute emergency, you must dial the emergency number. Every second counts! In the event of minor injuries, first-aiders can independently administer a complete first-aid service, e.g. by applying a plaster. A current list of all first-aiders can be found in the AGUM at:


First-aid equipment

At the following locations you will find automated external defibrillators (AED) and first-aid kits

Site plan defibrillators (AED)

Site plan first aid kits

There should be a first-aid kit located in every department. If this is not the case, please contact the University Medical Service. They can also replace expired items.
Further information on the subject of first aid is available in AGUM at:


back to top