The Central Accessibility Services at Bielefeld University has various assistive devices that may be borrowed on a temporary basis if needed. This is so that students can try out the assistive aids before making an application. It also aims to bridge the long waiting time in the application process and to make the transition period as smooth as possible.
At the moment, we offer the following assistive devices:
- Papenmeier BRAILLEX EL 80s
- VisioBook from the company Baum
- Steller Pocket II incl. Steller HK-5 camera, 2 Steller batteries P6.4", Steller power adapter Pocket P6.4", 12V DC/2000mA and power supply, battery charger for Pocket battery P6,4", multifunction bag Pocket P6.4"
- Enhanced Vision Acrobat HD Ultra, incl. stand and bag
- 2x monitor swivel arms
- Monocular 4,2x12 from the company Eschenbach
- Electronic magnifier Mano with a 3.5" TFT screen from the company Reinecker
- Reading wand from the company Eschenbach
- Steller V-Tab with Windows 8.1, Steller HD mini camera and Steller TK6 camera
- Bluetooth large character keyboard
- Roger system in a case from Phonak including 1x touchscreen Mic, 1x pass-around (handheld microphone), 3x induction loops
- Simulation glasses: Tunnel vision, absent central vision, visual acuity 0.1 and 0.2
- Long walking-stick