skip to main contentskip to main menuskip to footer Universität Bielefeld Play Search
  • FAQ

    Go out  

    Campus der Universität Bielefeld
    © Bielefeld University

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

General Enquiries

Without an appointment you can come to the Infopoint International.
By E-Mail you can contact us as well. Furthermore you can attend our information sessions on all about „go abroad” (Study, Internship, Erasmus). The dates of sessions are found on our posters and in eKVV, Internationales in Studium und Lehre

It is possible to find an internship by your own initiative or through an organisation / private agency. There are some faculties providing information on internship for their students. Please see here for further information.


Please download the documents „Informationen zum Transkript” and „Transkript (Word)” (both in German) from „Allgemeine Dokumente” under Downloads.

Please see the website of the Language Center.

We offer „Bewerbungsworkshop Englisch (Workshop for Application in English)” during the semester. At the workshop you will be prepared for written applications (Cover Letter and CV) as well as for interviews (telephone interview).
For further information and/or to apply for the workshop, please contact us by E-Mail.

Please refer to the form of „Reports on scholarship applications” of DAAD as an example.


You can take a leave of absence during your stay abroad. More information is available here.

Please see the general Information regarding funding here. Information on the scholarships offered at International Office is available here. The information for internships in Europe is available here.

  • 15.01.:
    Internship, research, thesis during the period from 01.02. to 31.07.
  • 31.05.:
    Study, internship, research, thesis, language course during the period from 01.07. to 28.02.
  • 31.10.:
    Study, internship, research, thesis, language course during the period from 01.01. to 31.07.

Recognition of academic credit points gained abroad at Bielefeld University

The International Office is not responsible for recognition of academic credit points. You have to apply for the recognition of your credit points with the recognition officer („der/die Anrechnungsbeauftragte”). More information is available here (in German).
Please see also the relevant information at „Studium im Ausland”.

After you are back

You can engage yourself as Country Ambassador for Bielefeld students. Please see more about the program here.

Additionally, there is another program you can join and be a mentor for international students at Bielefeld University. More information on „International Mentoring Programme” is available here.

back to top