NRWege scholarships are awarded according to the guidelines and with funds from the Ministry of Culture and Science of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia (MKW).
Funding may be provided to students or prospective students with a refugee background who are highly motivated and are expected to succeed in their studies:
- Earned credits or achievements in the preparatory courses (course achievements are reviewed every semester)
- Abitur and/or BA/MA degree + Transcript of Records
- Motivation letter
- Proof of BAföG application or notification (acceptance/rejection)
- Certificate of academic achievement (4th semester onwards)
- Current financial situation/special needs
- Social engagement
- BAföG must be taken into account when awarding scholarships. Therefore, you must necessarily submit a copy of your BAföG decision (acceptance or the rejection letter).
- If you receive funding from another source (e.g. BAföG or other scholarships), you must inform the respective source about receiving the NRWege scholarship and expect to reimburse them.
If you do not fulfill the requirements, we recommend looking for other financing options and also seek advice regarding BAföG.