skip to main contentskip to main menuskip to footer Universität Bielefeld Play
  • International

    Erasmus and Exchange

    © Universität Bielefeld

Students in Cooperation Programmes

Switch to main content of the section


Information Sheet for Erasmus/Cooperation Programs:

Would you like to study at Bielefeld University within the framework of a cooperation programme such as ERASMUS or another university partnership worldwide? Then you will find important information about admission, studying and living in Bielefeld here and on the following pages.

Application for cooperation programmes

Non-degree cooperation students - in contrast to international students applying for a degree program - do not have to apply handing in all certificates and the language test "DSH" (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang) or TestDaF. The application procedure is less complicated for them.

However, they have to be officially nominated. Therefore ERASMUS Coordinators at the home university are asked to send a nomination mail with the students' data to Bielefeld University's International Office. Following the nomination, students will receive an email from us with the request to complete the online-registration. In the online-portal the registration will be explained and students will find all necessary information (e.g. on housing, the orientation programme and intensive German language course, and application).

Enrolment/registration as a student (Einschreibung/Immatrikulation) will be arranged after your arrival in Bielefeld.
The enrolment takes place at the beginning of the orientation programme offered for ERASMUS/cooperation students every term. For enrolment students need to present a valid health insurance.
About a week after registration you will receive a datasheet, the socalled "Leporello" with certificates of admission ("Immatrikulationsbescheinigungen") and your personal email-password. With an "Immatrikulationsbescheinigung" you can apply for your matriculation card ("Studentenausweis") at the "Zentrale Leihstelle". The Studentenausweis is also for use of the library and the "Semesterticket" for public transport. You will also need it to obtain an International Students Identity Card (ISIC), and apart from this, it is also valid for a number of reductions f.ex. for cinema and theatre tickets.
Please note: Exchange/Cooperation students who decide to prolong their stay and take the final exams at Bielefeld University are obliged to re-apply as degree students and then have to provide TestDaF or pass the DSH.

Students who are officially nominated by their home university coordinators to the International Office of Bielefeld University will receive a mail with information in regard to the online registration.

We send out letters of admission a few weeks after having received the printout of the online registration, i.e. application of admission (Antrag auf Zulassung).

For more information please see the Information Sheet for Erasmus/Cooperation Programs:

back to top